I've joined Mission: Possible 2008 on Ravelry. If you're not in Ravelry yet, basically you have to take 12 items - yarn, unspun wool or UFOs - that have been taking up room in your stash. You have to either use those items or find new homes for them and finish the UFO or frog it and deal with the yarn. I have a bit of everything: wool yearning to be yarn, yarn yearning to be knit and UFOs yearning to be finished. I also have socks yearning for mates. I've decided on a Baker's Dozen. Here's my list:
- Spin the second "Divine Melon" roving.
- Knit the second "Divine Melon" sock.
- Finish the "Embers" sock (I've only got the toe left to go but I don't know how to graft...).
- Knit the second "Embers" sock.
- Use or destash 2 skeins of Claudia Handpainted in the "Ingrid's Blues" colorway.
- Use or destash 2 skeins of Claudia Handpainted in the "Blue Terracotta" colorway.
- Use or destash 1 skein of Cider Moon in the "Istanbul" colorway.
- Knit a pair of mittens for me out of Fiesta Boomerang in the "Madrid" colorway.
- Finish spinning the Cormo/Border Leicester roving I bought last year.
- Spin enough 3-ply Cormo for a simple pullover sweater - I've already spun about 400 or so yards of heavy worsted weight yarn.
- Knit myself a pair of fingerless mitts out of Interlacement's Toasty Toes in a rainbow dyed yarn.
- Knits socks from my "Refreshing" handspun.
- Finish my first scarf - it's about a 3rd done and was tossed aside for more interesting knits.
The picture is missing the scarf and the brown Cormo/Border Leicester roving. I leave Saturday for a week's vacation on Sanibel Island in Florida and I'll be taking along the unfinished "Embers" sock and the Interlacements Toasty Toes for the fingerless mitts. By the time I get back, I should be able to cross #3 and #11 off my list.
How can I know how to do something six months ago that I can't figure out now even with directions? I spent about an hour and a half tonight trying to get the damn button for "Mission: Possible 2008" in my sidebar, obviously without any luck. At least the link is active and sends you to Ravelry. So frustrating! Hopefully, I'll be able to get Typepad to explain it better that they're Help pages.
Tomorrow, I'll tell you about my new quest!